How can I find legal help and advice for my business?

The Novato Chamber of Commerce can recommend local lawyers. You can also search our directory of local lawyers, insurance companies and financial institutions, at Shop Local Novato.

How can I find a Novato residential realtor to help me or my employees locate housing in Novato?

You can review a selection of realtors with this online directory from Shop Local Novato.

How can I find real estate for my business in Novato?

You can research and review available real estate in the Search Available Space section of our site.

Will my business need an Employee Identification Number for tax purposes?

Yes, if your business will employ workers, withhold taxes, or operate as a corporation or partnership, you will require an Employee Identification Number (EID), sometimes referred to as a business tax ID number.

Do I need to take any action when using a Fictitious Business Name?

Any name used other than your own name (i.e., John Doe, Consulting) must be filed with the Marin County Clerk’s office.


or check out our Frequently Asked Questions