Do I need a special license for food service or alcoholic beverage sales?

All food service businesses, e.g., restaurants, snack bars, delis, catering and grocery stores must be licensed by the County of Marin Environmental Health Services. You can learn more about permitting for different types of retail food facilities at the Food Program website.

If you plan to serve or sell alcoholic beverages, a license is needed from the State Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and a Use Permit is needed from the Planning Division. You can find their contact information here.


or check out our Frequently Asked Questions